Can you believe that this adorable guy turned 30 yesterday??
He’s in an entirely different decade from me now…I know not for long, but reality is reality😉 To celebrate this momentous occasion, I knew I wanted to make a spectacular dessert. As I mentioned last year, I make it a priority to try a new recipe for Eric’s birthday every year. I look forward to the challenge each November! Last year I made a mint chocolate chip cake, since mint chocolate chip is Eric’s fav ice cream. This year I decided to continue with the theme, but actually try an ice cream cake. The recipe I found looked amazing, the moment I saw it back in September, I knew I had found the perfect dessert for Eric’s birthday!
This is definitely a recipe you are going to want to try! It wasn’t too terribly difficult and boy was it delish! Eric even went out for an additional run in order to scarf down a second piece😃 The creaminess of the ice cream mixed with the richness of the brownie layers on top of the coolness of the minty Oreos and hot fudge drizzle…divine!
one boxed brownie mix +all the ingredients required on side of box
1/4 cup of milk
8oz cream cheese softened
2tsp peppermint extract
Green food coloring (optional)
8oz cool whip, thawed
1 20oz bottle of chocolate fudge topping
1 package mint Oreos chopped and divided into two groups ( reserve a handful to put on top)
* best to use a springform pan for this recipe so that you can easily remove cake once it is assembled. I also lined the pan sides with parchment paper.
1. Make brownie batter according to directions on the box.
2. Divide the batter in half and bake each half in your springform pan, lined with parchment paper or greased , at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
3. Once brownie as cooled lift out of pan and place to the side. Repeat for second half of brownie batter.
1. Combine milk, sugar, cream cheese, extract and food coloring. I decided not to use coloring because I liked the bright look of the mint Oreos against the white ice cream
2. Mix until creamy and smooth
3. Fold in cool whip
Assembling your cake
1. Line springform pan with parchment paper. The paper should should stick up above the pan.
2. Put the first brownie in the bottom of your pan.
3. Spread the first layer of Oreos on top and drizzle with about 1/2 c of chocolate syrup ( I used Saunders hot fudge, warmed in microwave and cooled slightly).
4. Top with half of mint ice cream.
5. Add second brownie layer on top of ice cream and repeat steps 3 & 4.
6. Allow ice cream cake to freeze completely and then, before serving, sprinkle remaining crumbled Oreos on top. Drizzle chocolate syrup over the Oreos, allowing the syrup to drip down the sides.
are you drooling yet??
We had three, well four including myself, extremely happy customers! Enjoy and let me know what you think!!